Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Jennifer


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

I didn't get to properly critique the movie Apartment Troubles last time and since I have seen it many more times and since they allowed me to rent it for TWO days instead of one, I have managed to get a lot more out of the movie.  

First of all, I loved that the two girls were BFF.  At first I thought that the blonde was a whore but quickly after noting the pictures of their past, I realized they were just from different sorts of families.  The blonde was Jess and the brunette was Jenn, short for Jennifer Prediger.  

As the first part of it pointed out, they were trouble dolls one for the other.  From what I could tell, the first one was fallen from her childhood, every tint of her childhood gave her too many feelings and despite her parasitic "landlord" that was giving them housing in exchange for rent & sex, and her aunt that was close if not actually demanding sex for their weekend stay, Jess was someone that lived on the ragged edge, artistic, devoid of feelings, and believing that "faith" was useless.  

There were parts in there where I wondered if that family gathering that she was supposed to attend was denied her because she failed to fully rid herself of Jenn because it seemed that to some degree, Jess was showing her mercy somehow by staying with her or by not, I don't know, pimping her.  I'm still guessing on that one.  Jess loved her but didn't WANT to love her or at least didn't want to have feelings about it.  I love the part where she says didn't hate the cat, but you can tell she actually DID, lol.  

The skit that they did really widened my eyes after I saw it a second time because the reality is that they DIDN'T mess up the skit.  And fact is the skit was not written by Jenn but by Jess.  You see, Jess is the genius.  She's the one with the scars and thick-skin that is ruthless enough to kill a cat because that was the family she grew up in, which as it turns out is very rich but dystopic.   I thought that Jenn wrote the skit but I caught that it was Jess' after I watched it several more times.  Still, the skit was one of the big bang and just as they are about to get to a crescendo, to really communicate with the judges, just as the decorations start to become pretty and the mist begins to have a smell... the feather popper goes off and Jenn "appears" to forget her lines.  But this is the point of the whole thing.  Globalization.  A normal curve.  Communication between actors and judges becomes unclear, unpleasant, and uncomfortable.  The mist smells and intrudes, the actors begin to fight, the judges struggle to understand what it means... and then a gong.  From big bang to gong, as it happens in real life, as it is happening in our country, as it happens in relationships.  Ephemerality.  A short visit and then it's gone, this "marketing" cycle we call a country or a life.  A huge upswing of value to a star, then relegation to cash cow, and then the loss of value to a dog OR to a question mark.  It's strange that the two judges sat in awe of the one judge that actually got the message, the one with the money, the evil one(the aunt) that was sharper than the two others who just went along with the shallow sentiment of forgotten lines and called it a nothing when in fact they showed THEMSELVES to be a nothing when it came to judging art.  

The story was sort of a chunk of my life I think(all movies about me? maybe).  I spent a good part of it hanging on the feelings of my BFF and deluding myself that TWO girls were out there waiting for the both of us.  We were trouble dolls too.  But it was a delusion I think.  After my friend was knocked into a coma and he came out "damaged" I thought we just had to wait and one day they would show up but fact was the world is not built like that.  We can be as good looking and as righteous and as rich as a political action company but if we ain't selfish, if we don't ask for girls or ACT like we deserve girls(which we didn't we acted like we were too good for girls) then the whole life goes by and we probably feel smothered.  Maybe he felt smothered too, I don't know.  

But those days are over now.  I took my leave and now I am recouping my sanity from the trauma of what happened at Citibank and then at the bar and then at home here.  I was wore out but now I am healing again.  

Time should be spent with people of the opposite sex.  Guys that spend too much time with other guys are either like me, talking about how good we are and not getting laid, or are guys who make deals with the other guys about how many chicks we have scored with in secret, usually behind some woman's back.  My brother in law is a perfect example of this.  He sang for a band and first thing I noticed when we started to hang out together was that he thought it was normal to talk about good-looking women.  I mean DUDE you are married to my SISTER.  So we never became that close mostly due to I was pretty sure he was scoring chicks on the side, and a discussion about it was not going to end well.  

So if your guy has a bunch of guy friends, it's time to tell them bye-bye.  Same goes for girl friends.  This girl that sang karaoke that I liked told me that her spouse's son from another mother disliked her(when she was married) because she went out all of the time with her girlfriends, and I mean more power to her if that's her cup of tea, but I am prepared now for a girl that DOESN'T need girlfriends.  Even my ex once told me that she had a hard time after I left her because she had no other close friends which to be honest was hard for me too though I still had my BFF though at the time he was not too close a friend I guess.  

My cousin is about to get a divorce and though my mother thinks that there is no way he could cheat on his wife since he is a doctor and from a really upper crust society, I have been there with his friends partying the night of his bachelor party and I saw how close they were and some of those guys were NOT the nerdy doctor types if you follow me.  So meh, believe me or don't but I know that it's best to have a bunch of opposite sex friends like I do on Twitter now.  

And best thing about this is that I don't or CAN'T give them too much charm which I am prone to do in real life.  Girls in real life usually get along with me GREAT but it's like they say in the movies that after a few awkward "why doesn't he hit on me" moments, you get moved right over to the "friend" list where you never get looks or touches or even TIME to be able to talk to her like you would like.  

Makes you feel like you are wasting your time so much so that it starts to feel parasitic.  

Twitter is good because, if they talk or don't talk they can't actually SEE if you are good looking so you don't have to feel like they are rejecting you.  Everything is understood to be acquaintances there even though sometimes I feel the need to "progesterone" my remarks so as not seem impotent.  

This especially happens in the spring I'm noticing.  

PS. I probably like the actress a little too much for a fan but GOOD NEWS, it wears off.  How do I know?