Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Friday, October 20, 2006

A new day or nights



BLM:75 WHM:58 SMN:42 THF:74 WAR:58 RNG:43

Well I am having fun again.

I am playing a new game now that's called N3 or Ninety-Nine Nights. It really is a blast to play. Unlike other puzzle games or rpgs, this game is more of a hack and slash your way to the boss type game.

You have to make your way across a map with your horde of defenders that take hits for you so that you aren't low on health when you get to the boss. Usually you are on the level of an avatar in power when compared to the minions that you are killing but they can still land a lucky blow and bring your health down so you have to be careful. The neat part of it is that you can do combos and the game rewards you with better weapons and more exp if you get a higher number of kills. This means you can go up in level to a max of about 8 starting from level one. The higher the level, the more deadly combos you can do, and the easier your life is.

Unfortunately, sometimes the bosses are very hard. You get to used to doing the same combo to kill off the minions, but this won't work on the bosses. Usually you have about 3 bosses to kill in each mission and then the game allows you to save. Each mission takes around 20 minutes to complete I would say but, if you die, you have to start the whole thing over from before boss one.

I have had to play over a number of times.

The fun part is seeing the other characters cross your path in the story that you will be able to play later. The game starts you with Inphyy, a holy red warrior with a great sword. She is really a blast to play. But there was also a holy blue warrior with a lance, a mercenary with a huge spinning whip-sword thing, a goblin with dual daggers, a priest with a huge stone staff, and finally a sorceress with a water elemental.

Now I know what all you BLMs are thinking, "Bring on the Sorceress!" Right? Well the game only lets you start with Inphyy and then only after you complete the mission with her does it let you unlock other characters. Well I had to finish the game with the red warrrior, the blue warrior, then the mercenary and then the goblin to finally get to the sorceress. What a hassle right?

Well it was worth it though cuz playing the sorceress now is too cool. The water elemental thing allows her to cast waves of water at her enemies doing combos like the other guys. The graphics on it are neat, but I must say it has taken a very long time to get there.

I still have to finish it with her and then I will play with the priest and then there is one more mystery character that I haven't unlocked that I don't know who it is.

The game is really a lot of fun. It's kind of easy but hey that's better than being stuck in a stupid puzzle where the key is god-knows-where. People at the store were like, "I wouldn't buy it".

That's bull. If you download the demo, and play through it, you're gonna love it.

It's too bad I don't have it setup in my room anymore cuz I could be lfg with my WAR/THF like I always am and probably finish the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home