Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Haste me, paste me, taste me


BLM:75 WHM:58 SMN:42 THF:74 WAR:59 RNG:43

As I understand party mechanics, your role in a party as a melee is to get TP to 100 asap. That is so that your ws and mb plow the mob to zero, hopefully before he has a chance to up his side of things with his own special move.

/NIN is geared towards agility. /THF is geared towards DEX. /THF gets you there faster. /NIN does more damage and /SAM perhaps does that too. But not as fast as /THF. [edit: /SAM probably does get you there faster, duh]. Now don't get me wrong, WAR/NINs that have the SH get to 100 much faster than me so the subjob is not what I am supporting. I am not going to say that it was wrong for that guy to mention that dual axes are better than using a great sword.

Actually, yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Telling someone about their job while they are in exp makes you an ass.

I should have asked him if he had learned Flash yet. "No, with your pants, man!" "Have you learned how to Flash someone at a party! Prob looks prettier than your face on a soapbox. ... No, YOUR momma!"

I digress.

Remember that the game started out with only the six jobs WAR THF WHM BLM RDM and MNK. Using the old combos is not out of the question and the game was perhaps designed with certain combos in mind. /SMN for example.

Imagine me giving every WHM/BLM crap for not subbing SMN. There is no advantage to subbing /BLM so giving him lessons about Blinkga and Shining Ruby would just really ruin the tanks day I imagine. lol. It's not nice to fool mother nature. It's also not nice to call your WHM a fool.

But /BLM isn't so bad. Plenty of mp. /RDM is probably better cuz of fastcast maybe. Even that's prob not so bad. I have yet to use a single BLM spell in a party. Even Elemental Seal gets a bed.

It's nice to give people help but don't give them help at the expense of their joy. It's ok to say "Refresh please" cuz that's easily fixable. It's not ok to say "Scorpion Harness please and come as /Odin with Relic spear."

I even get annoyed at people that say Haste please, cuz I use Haste to dictate tp count and thus manage the speed of kills. I can't Haste 3, so if you are a PLD and I don't Haste you, you should own up to the challenge and try to keep hate on you for the good of the group. I will put Haste on you if you fail to keep hate. I usu try to put haste on 2 melees first and check to see if the tank is having trouble.

NINs always get Haste. They are inferior tanks to PLDs imo. But they have things that make them better in other areas like ws and magic and whatnot. I also have to heal them less but sometimes I have to heal them more and catch up quickly. That's annoying.

I was leveling WHM yesterday and it was that way. PLD was asking for Haste but I didn't want to give him Haste until I checked out his ability. BLUs are a mystery to me. I need to level BLU just to figure wth they are all about. They usually don't want Haste.

No skillchain in pt is like a big question mark to me. Party disbanded soon afterwards when the puller pulled a big bird and died trying to zone it. The tank just stood there and hoped he would make it. I tried to Flash but they passed me too fast.

2 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Uchipu said...

I took WHM to 75 without /SMN.

It was different back then and people didn't seem to care if you were /SMN or /BLM.

Now...I think with today's /NINs everywhere from DRKs to THFs, /SMN has absolutely no meaning. Aerial Armour eats way too much MP for what....2 hits that a Cure III can fix?

Auto-refresh is nice, but when you have Sanction Refresh and Refresh Gear, that's a bit pointless too.

/BLM will give your PT ability to Escape in a crunch, and Elemental Seal Sleepga or Sleep can save a bad link - so many PTs today goes without BLMs so...

RDMs will usually /WHM for extra hand at -na spells, BRDs are usually /NIN.

Which means if BRDs Horde Lullabuy fails, then /BLM's Elemental Seal Sleepga is all you've got.

Conserve MP kicking in after many fat Cure Vs is a plus too.

I never see any point in Aerial Armour in EXP PT - it doesn't do anything worthwhile. You'd save better MP just using Regen, Flash, and Curagas wisely.

The only time it's worthwhile is if you are in an alliance, you have 1 PLD tank, and you have 4 other WHM/SMNs to rotate it around.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Hohito said...

Actually, most RDMs like to sub /BLM. I don't know why since /WHM is so much more useful.

Maybe. like WHM they like to be able to warp?

I didn't think about Sleepga and that is perhaps a good reason for /BLM.

Aerial Armor and Shining Ruby are fat reasons subbing /SMN but it takes a very long time to summon.

I try not to use those abilities unless I am sitting at close to full mp.

Blinking the mages is a great idea though cuz the Blink lasts thru the whole chain and for some reason every BLM I have every been partying with, eventualy pulls the mob over for a couple of hits.

If I can manage it, I usu Blink the mages and Shining Ruby the melees, (if there is PLD), but summoning, again is very slow. I think sometimes it bothers people.

One good thing though was when this other party came over to cape Terrigan and decided to camp right in our spot... very rude.

I popped out Fenrir and put him right in the middle of their group and it took about 5 seconds for the whole party to move, lol.

In sum, I am not saying you were wrong for /BLM since you didn't know better. I deign from the general populace that /NIN is better but I don't have /NIN so I /THF and trust me, I do a great job.

I wish I had a Vermy. People should give me some crap about that if anything.

Tormentor: "You can't afford 2mil for a vermy, you suck balls as WHM!"

Hohito: "Hello IGE, ..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home