Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm all about value


BLM:75 WHM:59 SMN:42 THF:74 WAR:59 RNG:43

I like long-term investments.

I am not one to buy a new car and make large payments on it just to sell it 4 years later. OMG that would be just SO stupid to me. But some people are like that and they don't mind cuz they are makin the cash and they are doing it just for that reason to make the most of everything they touch and blaze a trail through their lives.

That's fine too.

I once stayed for one night in a condo at shoreside. We played Jenga and went out to the banister for smoke breaks and to watch the stillness and the black of the ocean and it was just an amazing view. The condo was worth like 600,000 or something like that. It's probably worth a lot more now. Well I just could not imagine paying that much for such a small place. It was livable but it was like as big in area as like a regular 2 bedroom house would be. It seemed like such a waste of money to spend so much on such a small place.

But I see things different now.

Some people cannot stand to play with a regular Hoplites Harpe and positively MUST have the Harpe. Other people would be like OMG look at what a fool carrying around a Harpe which only has one more dmg that a regular one. But there is a hidden value there. When you push extremes, the value changes more dramatically. It's like when you shoot pool. From the center, one millimeter changes the ball direction far less than near the edges. So it is when you see things that are expensive but don't add a value that you can see.

Anyway, the point here I guess is storage space. Storage space is one of those things that once you get some, it's there forever. It's like leveling up but far more useful. Getting max storage space, esp now with the Mog Locker available is something that makes your selling, your coffer hunting, your AF hunting, your BCNM money making, your cornette selling, your fishing, your ranged attacking, almost everything much easier.

This is not like buying a fancy car with bad gas mileage. This is like buying a nice car with good gas mileage.

You are going to wonder why oh why didn't I do this sooner. It seems like too expensive to get and if you want to max out storage today, you are gonna pay through the nose for those items. because there is always someone upping the price on those items when they see that there are none on the AH. Someone like me even, lol. But if you take your time and keep the quest to up your storage in the back of your mind, before you know it, you will be maxed and you gaming will be much easier. Prices are lower than ever now so if you were ever going to do something with all that saved cash and you are wondering what the best way to blow that KS99 gil is, this is it.

I have just recently upped my Mog Locker space and re-administered the settings so that I can access the locker from any city. It really is a HUGE amt of additional space it gives, but you can't really want to get fancy new gear if you don't have the space for it so /applaud SE for this move.

Um , hey whattdaya know, I am out of things to talk about.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Paul Bauman said...

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this. I'm still 2 quests away from maxing the gobbie bag and haven't done anything with the locker except fill it up and pay the rent when I need something.

Very, very good point, Hohito. Especially with the current deflation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home