Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Why can't I win this COP ting

BLM:75 WHM:60 SMN:42 THF:74 WAR:59 RNG:43

The good thing about couples that play online, that I have found, is that they are stable minded about how they handle things. They always want to help and they will participate or at least plan to participate in events, often together.

Here is one half of the Heatmiza and Dutchess combo. I sent a shout to get some people to participate in a BCNM40 and Heatmiza joined up and we succeeded 5/6 times. It was unfortunate during Heat's orb that one of the members dc'd and they lost but we had an extra RNG so I told him the rest of us would stay and finish out the other orbs. His was the 2nd orb.

Ok, my beef today is with the Snoll Tzar. I am 0/3 on him. I have just about had it with COP but we all have been there before.

On the first fight we tried NIN DRG THF BLM BLM SMN, a skillchain with triple MB.

It was a mess.

The two Flare spells hit for 1100+ or so and the SMN 2hr Inferno hit for about 800. But people started dying after that. The Tzar likes to hit people for 500 a pop. So, the rest of the party wiped soon after the mb.

I sat up wondering how the strategy could have been improved for the fight. I have my WHM at 60 and I resolved that that was what was missing. A Benediction at the right time would allow the BLMs to use more than one or two spells for the fight.

No dice.

Since I have the ability to take BLM, they all thought it was plain foolish to take WHM since I would do no dmg. So it's ok to put up with useless DRG that can't take a diff job but I have to go BLM?

The second fight was better. We did the same thing with a different BLM and I went BLM too. We had NIN DRG BLM BLM BLM SMN. We still died and got the mob to like 20% or so. I honestly tried to cast Burst after Flare but we just ran out of time before my spell went off. I thought then that well WHM wouldn't have helped there since we need more dmg in less time.

After that though we were out of salts. We went and farmed enough for 3. On the third fight, I desperately wanted to go WHM but they sed no. The last BLM joins up and says hey he can go PLD. They start to think about it. I start to think about how stupid they are. >.<>

I learned from that fight tho that the sequence of spells that BLM should cast is Flare, which makes the mob weak to water, then Firaga II, Firaga, Waterga II, and then Water III. If I would have gotten off my WaterIII we would have won but I was killed with like 200 mp left. The other BLM cast Aeroga II for like 24 dmg and then Thundaga which was also resisted. I was dead for like a full minute or so. What a waste of talent. The ridiculous looking DRG was still alive and I was just brooding under my breath. On the one hand, it was his get the party together while I exp attitude that made me feel no pressure in getting a group together since I knew he would just warp to meet us once we got 6. But then I started disliking his ineffectiveness. We didn't need a sc. SC was dumb and was adding no bonus really to Flare which did 1100 just the same, MB or not. The NIN who wanted to go DRG/SAM was told to go NIN to tank the mob while we casted Flare, UGh! He wanted to Mijin Gakure for like 800 but I think if he is dead he doesn't get the win. 800 is like one spell. Hmm how to get the BLMs to cast one more spell? /ponder(Can you say , WHM?)

What's more, later in the shower, where I organize everyone and their actions in my world, I thought back to the DRG Avenir's screw ups. He had forgotten oils. He had gotten us killed in Uleguerand Range by not sticking with the group. He forgot his Icarus Wing, was warped and then forgot it a second time. He told me he was killing some NM and needed 10 minutes and then later sed he needed 10 more. It suddenly hit me that he had anwered my shout first. He was the one that always wanted to tag along but had no other jobs to offer when everyone else did.


Which reminded me of one other time that the first guy that responded to my shout told me he wanted to take a boomerang to the BCNM40. Now I have always been a smart person so I am used to other people's stupidness and regard them often with a relative kindness, but WHAT KIND OF FOOL takes a BOOMERANG TO BCNM fight. Well, one that is going to brag about his screw up to his "gang". Hmm? That's right!

I realized later, in the shower, that the other guy had joined my BCNM had done stupid UN-noobly stuff too that made you wonder "omg-you-cannot-be-so-stupid". And then I remembered that I had written some stuff recently about MPK gangs that would MPK players in old PSO and then report back to their gang leaders and collect their "reward" in exchange for a nice story of what happened.

This reminded me of a /shout that struck me as odd also. "Now recruiting ls called SonsofDarkness" Who would join a ls named SonsofDarkness I wondered?

Then I remembered this guy Shenlong that kept me waiting over an hour out in Sauromogue Champaign "for his friend" and thought how he must've be a part of one of those linkshells.

Then I remembered Shenlong defending this other guy making a shout about selling rare/ex items but what he was really selling was the manpower to get the drop for you.

It was Agirlyman who everyone knows is the richest guy on Shiva.

Well, revelations never cease, even online.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Fhlo said...

theres really only a few ways to beat that BC and that lineup you had was all wrong Lineups need to either be.. PLD MNK MKN MKN MKN MKN.. or RDM RDM RDM SMN SMNSMN.. Or how our PT did it wsa.. RNG SAM RDM RDM MNK SMN.. no tanks..you NEED the snoll salt for this battle it gives you an extra 15seconds eah time you use it you can use up to 3.. we had uchip hold them use one at the start unload WS keep a count it takes 5seconds to use the salt.. and the BC only 15seconds so when you use the first one keep a count and start to use the second on 5 seconds left so it hits the snoll when he shakes it off.. that should give you 45seconds to kill it more then enough =) or just come play PSU with us..

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Hohito said...

Thank you guys for your input. I really appreciate it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home