Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

How now foreign cow?

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:59 RNG:43

Harsh events recently in the real world have led me to question my continued presence in Vana'diel. A coworker decided to harass me to no end and when I stood up to her, she turned my in to HR for making a scene out of it.

You ever wonder how you get out of that mess? How can you ignore someone that pesters you? Pestering them is technically not professional so it's clearly against your values to pester them back but, since they have no qualms with it, the pestering continues.

That is perhaps how society becomes more decadent. Common people tend to bullshit more than the Nobles who have to watch what they say and tend to reputation and whatnot. But in an argument, that commoner is gonna have that noble for lunch while he is standing there and the noble will just have to walk away and take it or come down to the commoner's level and throw out the OLD NAVY trash talk like a foreign uncle. Imagine getting into a fight with a commoner. Technically fighting is assault and people should be thrown in jail for it but often the fight is just overlooked by the law. Someone without a job could give two hoots about getting thrown in jail with a nice shower and food, while the noble might actually miss important events at his job that might severely change his future. I for one am unwilling to come down and act unprofessionally at work but since my job is now in danger I might have to rethink that. People might call that growin some cojones but I find nothing gallant in fighting... even verbally.

It's sad but if people find out that you won't fight then that's all the more reason to throw sand in your face. I mean, WHO could possibly think that fighting is admirable? When?

Hence the reason we destroy ourselves. In the end, it's the shame from the endless fighting that finally brings to close the conflict, and introduces innocence as a virtue again.

A Toast to the Merchants.