Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Couple of thoughts b4 I go

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:59 RNG:43

I miss how quickly levels used to expire. Now it seems to be taking forever to get my WHM up to level 70. No matter though. I don't have the money to get him all of the Blessed gear that he is needing and I don't even have the money to start a craft like I would like. I have been thinking of doin some fishing but it's too boring.

I wish I could read or something while playing but you can't. I despise the TV. Many sitcoms are really just too filled with commercials for my taste. Still I guess the main reason I don't watch TV while playing is that it doesn't come through my XBox.

I have finally achieved a milestone in COP by finishing The Three Paths chapter, but I am wary of the airship battle I hear so many horror stories about. I was there for the Snoll Tzar story and if this one is even harder than that, then I can expect to have a long wait till I get access to Sea.

It seems like Sea is just around the corner to people looking back at me that already have Sea access, but in truth, getting a battle done with as many deaths that are needed takes weeks of effort. That being said, I can expect to have Sea access maybe in March if I'm lucky.

I honestly wonder what I am still doing playing this game. My plan was to eventually bring someone into this world and teach them all about it and now I am just "sour milk" feelings about the whole cooperative thing. Optimistically you get to do stuff together and build social skills, yet pessamistically, what's an OLD MAN doin playin a video game?

"You wanna do what with me tonight? PLay a video game?!! Are you insane? "

I guess I will hold out though til I get my Assassin's gear from Dynamis. I owe it to myself to just cut back on the fun if only to make it to those events. They ARE indeed a lot of fun and I have become much better as a healer and nuker for the group.

I have noticed that the leader adds one THF to every BLM party so as to run him back to the sleepers. Well this past week, I added a specific macro to Cure III the 2 THFs by name, much like my two assist macros. It worked really well. They don't like me to use Auto-Target but I click it on and off while they aren't looking. .. heh heh joke.

We cleared the entire Dynamis of monsters and still had 30 minutes left. We were just blowing through them. It must have been the right day of the week for ice spells. ^-^ jk again.

In like 3 months I can expect to have enough points to lot on the gear I want. Yay. I betcha I find myself a girl in like a week and give up the whole video game thing right before I get my AF and my Sea access and COP ring.

Yep. That would be typical.