Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

BST owns Bugbear

BLM:75 WHM:64 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:59 RNG:43

I used my WHM yesterday to take on the Bugbears at Shaft #2716. I wasn't going to suggest getting a group together since me and Nobodyhere spent close to 2 hours trying to get a group to go the other night. But this time it was a totally different story. We got 4 people to come just like that. So I didn't ask them what jobs they were gonna bring but I knew what the strategy for this was and I had most roles covered due to my multiple high level jobs.

The fight is capped at 60 and has a Bugbear and four goblins each a WHM, BLM, RDM, and THF. That strategy I read and used was to have a kiter kite the bugbear and then kill off the WHM first. This would require as jobs, a kiter, a healer, a tank, and whatever else DDs that could kill off a mob quickly.

We went as BST BST BLU SAM SAM WHM(me). Kind of funky huh? You are probably thinking "How many times did yall wipe?" But we got it on the first try. BST jobs are amazing kiters btw so having two of them helped keep the Bugbear from helping his buddies. The BLU was truly amazing and did some great dmg along with the SAMs. Our party was laughing at how pathetic this BC was but in reality it was just the knowing of how to handle the mobs that kept us with the upper hand. These mobs can't be slept so this is like a prelude to the Mammet fight that we will have to endure during the airship battle coming up. Since some of them haven't finished all of The Three Paths, I will have to say goodbye to many of the people that helped me with these fights. Hopefully it won't take them too long to finish of the other paths.

As for me, I am all set to finish off the cs and get to the airship fight asap. I need to get some guy to help me kill off some NMs at the dilapidated gate so I can get to the cs with Cid where I can farm items for the CCB Polymer. Or I could just buy one and go thru the cs with the group.

I am broke though.

I had 20k to my name and I gambled with the Moblin foolishly 1k at a time and then 10k once and just lost it all to the moblin. I was lucky enough to have one person stay behind and trade me gil. Thank the gods for nice people. I will pay them back of course but wow, talk about pull me out of a jam. The whole party was at Shaft# 2716 and me and this guy were still gambling and I run out of gil. We would have been stuck for like an hour while I went back and started farming beehive chips and waited for them to sell in ah.

You think?

The other guy had a Snow Lily on him and he couldn't get him to accept it so I dunno what happened there.

Now it's off to make more printouts of stuff that I need to do in the future for COP. I will add a link to a neat guide I found that is perhaps more useful that Allahkazams info.