Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Nighttime again

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:59 RNG:43

In Mhaura, at night, you can almost hear crickets chirping as the waves of the dock fill your ears. Here is where you find an NPC that tells you how slack you are at fishing. I am very slack. It's funny, after the ls dissolved I just wanted to fish till I got a million and then retire with some craft of some sort after I threw money at it but once again I find myself on some quest to finish some useless missions that probably won't add up to much anyway.

The missions of course are the COP missions. If they are anything like getting access to SKY then I can expect to go out there and farm really rare stuff like I do in SKY... no not really. So why get the stupid missions done? Well this time, I don't want the stupid access, I want that bling ring. Once I have it I will be set for stuff that I want for my THF. Except for that stupid Thunder Ring but hey at least I don't have to get two.

I used to think that I would need some major THF to do pulls in Dynamis but all you really need is an ass. Yep, just take your ass out there and get ready to get it handed back to you. Pretty much. Not a lot of skill there.

So, in retrospect, since I wanted to be the king of Dynamis and now I realize the THFs are like the jesters, I am gonna work more on my BLM. BLM/RDM usually steal the show though. Because of Fast Cast they usually pummel out the spells far more quickly than I can. But the really aggressive ones usually get their heads bitten off, heh heh. Well that's ONE way to get attention.

I was thinking of taking /SMN to these events but that would be just stupid. In your BLM parties, usually there are two each with their own BRD, there has to be at least a couple of /WHM cuz DS(Divine Seal) + Curaga II saves the day when AOE starts flashing all over the place. This is especially why it is necessary to have at least one /WHM in the group cuz without Barfira, your mages are toast.

One /SMN with Aerial Armor(Blinkga) to offer wouldn't be such a bad choice though esp a taru using it since he has extra mp but I dunno. I used to want to improve the world with my ideas and now I just keep my mouth shut and murmer to myself what idiots they all are. Of course this doesn't help my disposition towards women since you can't be sexy and disillusioned at the same time. As a result, I try to maintain the calm.

{Edit}

I have been thinking, as I evolve my plan for Dynamis and focus my BLM/WHM skills that I had better get some additional macros so that I can target the healers of the other parties when their group gets slept.

More importantly, I still have trouble with lag in Besieged and in Dynamis. I mean what's the purpose of having a game that only runs so-so at the peak of its draw. I guess I have to upgrade my computer again. One problem, that's not possible. The new computers don't have faster processors they have backup processors which of course means nothing when your game doesn't make use of em.

I need to find what settings I have to turn down so that I can see most of the action going on. Even if it is on a limited basis. I tested this on Besieged but I figure that servers are so taxed already during Besieged that I probably need to make the settings active before I go in.