Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Nighttime is the right time

BLM:75 WHM:64 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:59 RNG:43

At night is when I get most lucky with invites and such. This character Angelsoul used to hang out with me and Aust and go fishing sometimes during the off hours when everybody else was asleep. It would be nice to get a group like that again I guess and just go fish but I dunno. I like being alone and feel more confident more often when I get people together to do things my way. It's funny to think about though cuz in some ways I am a leader and in others I am an outcast. I realize it is totally up to me.

I finally acheived my long awaited triumph against the Snoll Tzar and earned my title "Ulmia's Soulmate". Why was Louverance in the cutscene and Ulmia giving you the title you ask? Good question.

The people that invited me were JP though. I was able to read enough of their JP message to get myself invited and since I had a Shu'Meyo Salt, they were satisfied. We took a PLD and a WHM. (People don't listen to me when "I" say bring WHM.) The other BLM was supposed to hit Flare and then use Flood since Flare would make the mob weak to water. I didn't have Flood but instead of doing the Flare > Waterga II > Water III > Firaga II combo that I had planned, I realized that Flood would then make the mob weak to Lightning. So I casted my Flare, using my skillchain macro that they asked for, and then when the MB went off, I used my salt and then hit it with Burn and started casting Burst. It took a very long time to get the spell off and people were doing WS like crazy and the other BLM was out of MP close to the end. But it was beautiful. I had no hate. It was like waiting for the time bomb to hit. I wasn't going to get messed with and if they could just all stay alive, we would win. I sound off "6 secs" and the silence is something right on the edge of insulting. If we run out of time, I would be the villain.

But we didn't.

Burst landed for 956 dmg on what was probably 200 hp of life the mob had left and we got our win. All in all, one person died during the fight. Just after we zoned though, I tried to pull up the log to see what everyone else did but the screen went black and I got kicked out. I was just itching to read it though to see how we won but I guess I will never know.

That's what I love about JP people. They always prove me right. I guess you have to just get the right sort to work with you, plus you need to speak JP.

Not all of them are nice though. Heh heh, "cough".

Yesterday I was invited to do plain old Excavation Duty mission where usually I go solo the North wall and everyone else takes down the next 3. Well this was a JP message and I responded and got the invite. But they only wanted to take 4 people. It was very weird. It was me and a WAR and a MNK doing the other walls and we got to like under 5minutes in time remaining but we got the win. I got the impression though that I didn't do well cuz after the fight they just booted me. I guess I'm lucky I don't speak JP. Maybe they just wanted to do it the one time, who knows.

Last night I went with some people to go skill up my club which sorely needed it. I want to get True Strike at 175 and of course Hexa Strike which isn't too far off either. WHM/SMN is the perfect job to take to these events since there isn't a lot of healing needed if you have a NIN tanking and you are able to Protectra IV the party which is a nice bonus. And the MP regen means you always have a supply of MP coming even without resting. (I wish I had a Vermy to double that effect though).

I fell asleep.

I woke up and found myself dead and I go "Oh whoa, someone raised me" so I raise but then a crab walks over and punts me. Ouch.

Later the PLD in the pt comes over and gives me a raise but Guivre shows up. Yep, Guivre. I hate that wyvern. We all had to bloodport, esp me cuz even though ppl were nice enough to offer to come raise me so I could raise the others... I know how this show ends. Guivre > all. I was 10k into the level and now I am 7500 after that little sorte. It was fun though while I was awake but next time I do this, it won't be at 2am.