Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Next Generation.

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:59 RNG:43

You are probably wondering why is Hohito writing all the time? Well I was given time off from work to reflect on my life and decide if I want to continue working. Sort of weird to be given time off for that but there is no question that I am on my last legs at work.

I just finished the Star Trek LEGACY game for the 360 and found it fascinating. The controls weren't too hard to learn and there were plenty of cutscenes to keep the "old" space fight scenes from becoming too tawdry.

If you have played one space fighting game you have probably played them all. You just have to find your shields and find your armor and oh yeah where are is my torpedo count and how do I fire phasers. It's pretty simple really.

The storyline if about the origin of the Borg and it begins with a Commander T'uerille from Vulcan who in her search for logic finds the Borg and basically decides to Saddam the whole of the Universe. Because of the long years of Vulcans, she begins in Capt. Archers era and appears again in Capt. Kirk's era, and then later in Capt. Picard's era. It really was quite entertaining. Still, it will be a while before I play it again I guess.

I have to get serious with what I want to do productive-wise. I want to buckle down and get serious about work but it's so hard to want to improve when your actions are sabotaged by your superiors. Even while talking with the HR person I got the feeling less that she wanted to help me and more that she wanted me OUT of there. I wonder what it is about me that makes people dislike me SO much?

It's funny though because now to see the reality of my situation, it's not what my opinion of it was at all. I thought that I could become a manager at any time and that when I did I would not be able to go to school so I had to make sure I was done with school before I took the steps to mgt. But I don't feel that I will ever become a manager now. Not with this past incident in my record. In truth, I haven't been able to become a manager for some time.