Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Refuge


BLM WHM SMN SCH THF RNG BRD MNK WAR DRK PLD > 99

So when I was in Customer Service I started out as something of a bossy type.  I remember when I first walked onto the floor fresh from working my full-time shift as a McDonald's manager at 23, people asked me straight up if I was there to run the place and they even directed me to staffing control as though I belonged with the other managers there.  Fun fact, after 18 years, I never became a manager of Customer Service.  

Still, I was ready to be promoted and fact is so was everyone.  All people were ambitious and perky and forward looking.  We were all practicing the seven values as they were called and we were watching fraud types that liked to release multiple calls and interrupt customers and arrive late, we were watching them get fired.  After a while, we came to realize that despite our pristine status as top of the line workers, we were also on a very short leash.  

Fine with me I thought.  I had medical and dental coverage and compared to my phones desk at the Census Bureau, this was a step up.  In fact, I had always thought that working for the government was where the money was because that was the center, but NOPE.  

Anyways my message today is to point out that I became a much more combative person after my time on the phones.  I was a normal diligent hard-working person and after all that time I became someone that was a result of his environment.  Now I was not a fraudulent person ever, but over time I began to realize that some people needed to have their calls dropped if they were rude or have their messages interrupted if they were interrupting you.  I began to realize that customer service is not only a job, it's a culture.  Over time I became more satisfied with being mean to people over the phone because times were changing and one day I went over to Businesscard and things were MUCH different there.  They were respectful and polite and when they interfered with people it was usually a legitimate concern like a late statement or a confusing message, not a rant about a late fee that they mailed late.  

This is what has happened to Obama.  He is a result of the time he has spent.  I believe that he is going to be far more conducive to Republicans now than he has been in the past.  Moreover, I expect that he is making for himself a nest egg of goodwill that he will be able to live off of after his Presidency.  

The last thing I want to see for him is to have the life that the Texas governor had after her tenure was given over to GW.  She was left doing comedy acts and scrounging for speaker talks despite not being particularly liked by most business-minded people in her area... because she always sided with the people.  This lends to what the future will be for us I think.  Most Presidents will side with the poor as they start out in politics but will give over to the rich as their end comes close.  

I wish him well of course.  This new year will be one of strife and turmoil.  You can expect a new horseman to rear its ugly head and take us a step closer to a demise but that's normal.  Rich people are normal; slavery/whores and debt has been around forever; domination/bullying is a fact of life.  I am more resigned to it now.  I realize there is no Jesus coming back or a Apocalypse to be afraid of, there is only peace to look forward to. 

I was just watching a movie called REFUGE and it kinda bothered me cuz I wanted to see more boobies but meh.  It was a story about some young people left behind to fend for themselves presumably because their parents were arrested so they are forced to depend on each other and their older sister who goes from being paid full-scholarship freshman to the town's slut who was forced to find friendship anyway she could while taking care of her younger siblings.  Along the way she hooks up with a guy who has also lost his family sort of suddenly and somehow they begin to make it work.  It starts SO stupid I almost didn't want to watch it because NOONE goes home with a girl like that and makes it work.  That has been my hope for some 20 years and I am here to tell ya "it dudnt happin."  

But it's a good example of what will happen after said "apocalypse".  The more you mess things up, the more people start to work together.  The more organized and structured you try to make society, the more people want to escape or bend others' "goodwill".  

It's all 50/50.