Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Cadillac among Pintos

BLM:75 WHM:62 SMN:42 THF:74 WAR:59 RNG:43

What I should have done last time is what I am going to do now and that is focus on Dynamis for a while. I do have 2 level 75 jobs after all and in Dynamis is where you meet most of the play-all-the-time people that are useful in getting other stuff done like COP and Aht Urghan missions and Assault and stuff.

More importantly, I need to use this information to better myself among the pillar peeps of our community. The best part is that this will be a whole new set of people which I guess is what I am good at. I am good at making new friends but not so good at keeping old friends interested.

My WHM is gonna have to take a back seat for a while though because even though I almost capped my experience as BLM before I got my merits and such, I now am close to deleveling again. And, if there is something I learned about Dynamis last time is that Dynamis = Party Deathga.

But these people seem to have a good handle on things and I am confident I will perform well. I just have to find a way to make money to support the Echo Drops and Poison Pots supply. I prob should get a RR2 Hairpin but not just yet.

I can tell I am getting old just because of how I regard young people now. I used to just think they were stupid but now I actually find myself admiring them a lot more.

The best part is that these ppl go on two nights that work very well for me. My car has problems and I have to fix it so that I can take it out to play pool sometime. It's ok though cuz I still have my other car.

I went back to play poker with my old friends this weekend and things seemed back to normal but under the surface things are different. The friendship is strained like it's been stretched over too much bread. Even my job seems in jeopardy lately.

I have more outbursts now esp towards other employees that annoy me. I am SURE they annoy me on purpose but I wonder if in fact it is me that is getting closer to getting fired. You can't fault someone for coughing and tapping and interrupting you while you are talking, but you can fault someone for yelling.

At the turn, I wonder if they will see that I wasn't the antagonistic one.

It's my own fault though. I'm like a Cadillac among Pintos. I know everything about everything there not just because of my education but due to my experience. After all, even though I have done the job 15 years, it is just a phones job. Most people don't even have to pass a test if they sat on the phone once as a receptionist somewhere.

I get a lot of value out of my job though because I get to talk to many people all over the country about credit which is very related to my field of study which is Finance. Plus, I have good contacts from the many great people I have met there over the years. But the new people would just assume lose their jobs tmw. And, if I annoy them in some way, they prob don't have any ethical qualms with losing their job and in the conflict, costing me my job along with theirs.

That's my biggest fear. I should own up to the fact though that I must annoy them also and, that in SOME way, I had better calm down and try to be a better part of the group.