Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Misseu Francois, wha happan

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:59 RNG:43

I finally get all set to get my life in gear and what happens, I almost get arrested for DUI. I am so lucky to have people that will come help me when I need them. I think that I am going to have to seriously cut back on the drinking if I plan to continue to go out. I have found also that at the end of our poker parties I am usually the only one that is sloshed. This is perhaps a clear indicator that perhaps I have a drinking problem.

It's funny though, cuz if I don't go out, I don't drink at all. So I don't consider myself an alcoholic unless I start drinking and then I guess I can't stop myself. It's weird. For now, I am going to have to cut back and stop drinking altogether at least for a month just to start over.

I spent much of yesterday doing KSNM 30 Double Draconian in Horlais Peak. I has two dragons, one WAR, and one BRD. They are both undead. They have an AOE Stonega-stomp move and also have an AOE Curse effect that makes keeping your tank alive pretty tough if he is not a PLD.

We got lucky. We went 5/6. We lost the first one due to trying to fight the dragons in the BC area and by me (as BLM) standing too close to the AOE damage which killed me. We had PLD WHM RDM BLM MNK DRK. We did a skillchain to Freeze II that worked out great. It was Asuran Fists > Cross Reaper for Darkness and then MB with Freeze II or Blizzaga III. At first I thought that the Undead Dragons would be strong to Ice since many of those types are. but I was still able to land Blizzard II once so it was full throttle Freeze MB after that. Wizard's Gloves + Black Cloak + Ice Staff + Druid's Slops = "I don't get resisted at all".

Our plan was to keep the BRD dragon slept while we killed of the WAR and it was working ok but somehow the BRD dragon went and took a chomp out of the PLD along with the WAR who after he hit his Mighty Strikes button really put the hurtin on.

We wiped.

For our second battle, we decided to keep the BRD in the BC and take the WAR dragon out to the area out front of the BC and that worked out great. I was able to look down on the dragon and it was easy peasy to land spells at will. The skillchain was hot too. I didn't over nuke and when it came time to MB I missed like the first couple but then my ICE merits started smacking the mob for 1600 dmg on MB.

After we got the skillchain down though and RDM got used to using Gravity and Sleeping the BRD dragon, the fight was easy. We set 3 records that day in time and cleared it in about 9 minutes once.

The drops were good also. I am probably looking at about 400k from my drop so I am thinking hard on getting a Penitent's Rope. But like anything else, I am not sure what I want. I also want Thunder Ring and Blessed Pants and Blessed Briault.

I am probably gonna be broke again soon but at least I won't be in jail for it. Time to go out and seriously buy that chair.