Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's fun to play THF. THF?

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:60 RNG:43

Well the fun's over.

Door number 3 girl said that she couldn't go out cuz she was moving. The "date" girl decided to play her psycho nuts card and started telling me she didn't receive text that I show as sent. And I actually hope I don't ever have to speak to that "friends" girl again.

So, oh well, I am out of options.


Last night (or was it last night) I went to hang out with my poker pals and we had enough charisma to get some girls to come over to the house and hang a while. One problem, I am not a leader type like I used to be. Noone broke out any cash, noone sat down and played cards, and everyone was like talking in all different areas of the house without really doin anything productive. The really scary part was that I remember doin shots of Jagermeister and at the last minute the girl we were doin them with switched her drink with mine and that's about the last thing I remember. I woke up the next day at about 1pm on a recliner.


Thankfully though I checked my ass and it wasn't date-raped. It took me all of Monday to recover rom the "shots".


In the game I am expecting to probably have to wait for some hour long update as many people are experiencing zone problems. I didn't have any problems though and one person in Dynamis suggested that using 3rd Party tools was the cause. Who knows.


People have started partying in Nyzul Isle and I have to say it's neat to go out there but if you go with a BRD and an RDM, get ready to pull out your Warp Cudgel or you are gonna be stuck there. The Assault Mission there is pretty fun too and we cleared 3 floors lickety split trying it once. The downside was that it was over too quick. The reason for doing that Assault, from what the leader said, was that after you go up enough levels some rare stuff starts to drop from the NMs there. Nothing dropped for us though and pretty much it was a fun but short excursion for no reward whatsoever.


The Thief's Knife is the hot topic on the game nowadays. It has now become a 100% drop which makes getting it not so impossible. It has also caused some people to try to sell theirs for big gils knowing full well that they can pick up another one for like the same effort as a Moldavite Earring run. The Thief's Knife has always been the most sought after prize because it adds +1 Treasure Hunter ability to a THFs TH2. This and having the Assassin's Armlets makes sed THF a very sought after commodity because having this guy in your Dynamis run for example makes more rare items, like Artifact gear, drop more often. TH4 is the most TH you can have officially although there are rumors that the Millionaire's Desk, the 4-leaf Mandragora Bud, and the Lucky Egg somehow add to the luck pool. Most THFs will say though that that's bulldookey. I have a printout from someone who posted his long arduous journey to camping Sozu Rogberry, the tonberry that drops the Thief's Knife, and I am very tempted to go start on it now just in case SE changes it's mind about the knife after the next update.


One problem, you gotta like to farm to get this sort of thing to work. Moreover, I am going to feel completely stupid if I go out there get the claim and then find out I can't solo him with THF/WHM. Truth is though that I have never pushed the envelope that hard and I know full well that I should bring a couple of stack of Bloody Bolts if I want a chance at beating some Decent Challenge mobs.