Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Manaburn, for REAL.

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:60 RNG:43

Last night, little Hohito stood up to this ass who took it upon himself to tank our bottles at the table. "Tanking" bottles involves taking your bottle of beer and hitting it just so with the top of the other person's beer bottle. The carbonation gets so slightly mass-jolted that usually a third of the beer is wasted.

This guy did it so ridiculously foul that he broke off a chip of the bottle with his recklessness. So I decided to go ask him about it and he tells me he is not gonna answer. Well just as I am about to pull away he puts his arm on my neck and pushes me away at which point I put my hand on his neck. Then we get pulled off of each other.

Some fight.

Well, I expect a nice new set of key marks on my car because of it. Oh well. More importantly I went and played poker with the "guys" and made a killing. The downside of that though was that I drank everyone's beer so I had to sleep on the recliner. I have to make a note to buy them some beer next time.

That's not a bad recliner.

It's also not so bad to sleep in a house full of your friends. Even some of my friends from another bar were there so it was good. A while back I had an opportunity to "fix" this one guy's problem when he sat right behind a girl that I knew and made her get up off the chair. Since she was a troublemaker, I didn't defend her point of view very avidly but then my sister got involved and he yelled at her and I had to decide whether it was time to punt this guy.


I didn't do anything about it.

In retrospect, I later fell in love with the troublemaker but she never really respected me again after that incident. I realize now that these little opportunities that show up are checkpoints on the path to greatness. Will you risk your health? Have they got your number? Are you a frumpy wumpy hohito lumpy?

As it turns out I have scratch marks and some blood on my shirt. I guess even though I didn't get taken to the hospital, the incident had indeed enough drama to alarm everyone.

It doesn't help things that I am rather well known in the bar community. I have many acquaintances in that community and go to many different places to keep up with the people and places I have met over the years. This little "incident" with my name on it will probably get a lot of "play".

I just hope the key marks don't turn into scratch marks. I hope the scratch marks don't turn to claws marks, etc. I hope people can remember to not get so offended by actions that were in fact provoked.

There is one episode of I forgot the name but it used to come right before "That 70s Show" a while back. The mother is like seriously smart but a hardass and the father is like a klutz or something but the whole thing centers around this brain of a child. I forgot the name! Well in one episode, finally after the older brother has tormented him enough, the brain child punches him in the nose and makes him bleed, to which the older child goes and goes to the mother and tries to "tell" on the brain.

Well it stuck in my mind cuz even though the brain child was in trouble she didn't punish him. She had been watching all along so to answer the older brother's question of rights she says, "Oh you know you were beggin for it".

So that's my take on violence now. If you're begging for it, THEN!

All that was in my mind later however was how I was not going to take Door-number-3 girl there. Not now, not later, not ever. Another downside was that the guy was black. Since it's hard to focus on their faces you wonder if the entire race isn't after you when you piss off one of em. XD

Probably not.

On a lighter note, it was this other girl's(the R girl) birthday yesterday so we did a round of shots to celebrate and it was good but the guy she was with, a friend of mine, decided not to come out to poker. As a matter of fact I didn't see EITHER of them at poker. HMmmm?!

I am spending a good deal of time with Door-Number-3 girl so I hope things mesh out better for us later this week. She was very involved with a project she works on in her spare time so things got a little slow there for a while. I asked her to come out with me on Saturday but she responded "Whr R U?" For some reason I thought someone else had typed the message and asked me "Who R U?" So I got mad and turned the thing off and decided she was perhaps no longer a viable interest. Last night I talked to her again and she seemed normal but not for someone that forgot who I was on purpose, so I asked her about it and she told me and I realized she had asked me "Where are you?"

This is perhaps the single most important reason I am still single.