Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Also known as Hohito

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:61 RNG:43

Well nothing happening too much at the bar on Sunday. The other black fella left well enough alone and so did I and so I guess DEFCON5 on my car is gonna have to wait until the next guy. I did manage to talk to this hugely-nothing-but-eyes(HNBE) girl and almost convinced her to come out to play poke with the group but she was reticent to go. She said she didn't know any of the people and now after some thought I guess it's better not to take new people out to poker until I get to know them a bit and me likewise.


OMG, I am such a dullard. She sed she wouldn't mind if the party was happening at my house and I was so struck by the refusal to come out that I didn't realize she was angling towards US ditching POker! Oh well. That's probably not what she meant anyways though.


I can't believe I didn't even get her number, ugh!


Well, at poker I really managed to lose all my money. That goes hand in hand with meeting that great looking chic too, so that's all right. I bought them all some tequila coffee stuff that I found out about at another sitting and it was ok to have one but after 3 of em I was rather toasted. It's funny cuz this one guy that leads the whole thing usually will be the one to bring the stuff and this time he didn't even drink with me.


In Vana'diel, I am having sort of a good time getting used to crafting. I have my cooking up close to 60 now which puts me at the craftsman's level. I plan to keep cooking as my main craft along with using THF and BCNMs for other income. I like the idea of being able to make my own juices and pies. As soon as I can I am going to get the Patissier ability and start making Icecap Rolanberry pies to use in Dynamis. I might even go so far as to stash some melon juices in storage.


As it is now I have still a ways to go to get my BLM in Xarcabard form. You really need to have maxed merits in Elemental Skill to get your spells to land on those monsters. You also should have pretty good gear and honestly I gotta tell ya just between you and me. If I had spent 5 million on the stupid Weskit gear, I would be shooting myself now. That gear is such crap! I am lucky to land my spells as it is in Beaucedine and the other cities but to take out weskit in Xarcabard is like asking for somebody to slap you with a resist rag. You think I would trade my Elemental Torque for the Uggalepih Pendant?


Like hell.


After I max out Elemental Skill merits MAYBE I will pull out weskit again. For now, it's in storage FAR out of the way of stuff I use everyday. I have done some serious soul-searching with my gear also. I totally dumped my level 20 gear I was saving for Garrison. I have never been in a Garrison event but all that stuff had to go. I also dumped a bunch of possible EX stuff that could be used for quests. The next stuff to go is gonna be a slew of keys I have been saving for my THF to use in dungeons cuz I have to seriously believe that I will never get around to spending the time it takes to open all those chests for whatever it is they drop.


The Guild Item last night was a Bataquiche. It's made using an Ice Crystal, Danceshrooms, Black Pepper, and Selbina Milk; Stone Cheese, Batagreens Sautee, and Pie Dough round out the remaining items needed. There was a serious typo in Allah and both the NQ and HQ versions misprinted Selbina Butter as the ingredient. Had I not had Selbina Milk on standby to make the Butter and had I not read this one guys' post, I would have been ROYALLY screwed. Black Pepper only sells in Sandy so I had to go there. Selbina Milk was out so I had to go clear out to Selbina for that. The Batagreens were high priced in Windy so I was only able to get almost 2 stack of that for the Sautee which used up the butter that I had bought for the synth. Just in case, I bought extra Selbina Milk so that I could synth Butter if I was short since I would need 2 Butter for the Sautee and 2 for the Quiche. The synth requires Stone Cheese which is a level 61 synth. I felt sure that I could synth it at 52 but maybe just maybe I would not be able to get 2 full stacks of that so I bought 3 stacks of materials so that I could synth the cheese. And last but not least was the Pie Dough. Pie Dough is rather tough to make and I was rather lucky to find it in the AH for cheap. Honestly, if it was me this stuff would sell for 5k cuz Pie Dough is tough to get the materials together for.


I planned to check all of the AHs on the way but after checking them I found NO Danceshooms being sold and knew that I would have to go farm. I remember some low level Funguars being out in Ordelle's Cave and set out to go there after looking up the information online.


I recently got the game hooked up to my 360 and really enjoy doing stuff on my own and having the computer right there for internet access. The downside is that I can't type at all using the controller so using it during exp is out. The macros need work also but I was able to use them to solo and farm no problem in Ordelle's Caves.


I needed 2 stacks of the Danceshrooms and they were very slow to drop. I have to say that this stuff is probably worth every bit of the 16k it costs to get a stack of it from the AH. I might even farm these myself if I ever feel up to it, although I still haven't bought the map for that place yet. I know the place pretty well though cuz this is where I came to camp out the chests for my RSE gear. I only did the Wonder Mitts and the Wonder Clomps though. Those items make my RNG hit like a truck. I have half a mind to go /WHM and use my -enmity earring next time just to see if I am able to blow the mobs down still.


I fell asleep.


Yep, I was halfway through the killing fest (read boring farming seesion), and this morning I woke to find that my item was no longer the guild item and all my efforts were for nothing except for skillup.


That's typical for me though. Some part of my subconscious, I am convinced, always manages to keep me from truly accomplishing anything I really want. Later I went to go sell the MORASS of stuff I got from my labors and found that the Guild wouldn't buy it. When I went to go sell the food to NPC it sells for like less than 100 each.


It's not bad enough to screw yourself so it's often important to remember that people are just waiting to screw you ALSO.