Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Monday, April 16, 2007

It's cold up in them thar hills

BLM:75 WHM:65 SMN:42 THF:75 WAR:61 RNG:43

I had a good time last night getting some merits with my Thief. You had to have the sixth Runic Portal accessed to get to the Nyzul Isel area. You had to cross through the ruins to get to another area of Bhauflau Thickets. I had planned to go to Caederva Mire but there were 6 parties already there. It's lucky someone else had a better plan for us.
Last Friday, me and my Dynamis ls went to Xarcabard and started farming. Since we had been unsuccessful in getting the win against the Dynamis Lord, we wanted to have melee that could take him down in the time period allotted but a couple of the key players didn't show.

Fortunately, I did show and I got my Assassin's Armlets from lockup. I had to save 30 points to get them locked and I didn't want to waste my points on something else first and then bury-worry about what how long ago I could have gotten my Armlets.

This is the same thing I have going on with cooking guild points at the moment. I would rather wait till I have my full 30,000 points than to get my 8000 pts, sell some stuff and then start over again but with an added ability to make points.

This is how I am with girls also. I would rather wait a very long while to get with a great girl than to be with an ok girl first and then hope that situations allow me later to hit up the first girl much later on.

This strategy worked in the first case and is working in the second but I doubt that it will in the third. I still have a "little" faith though.

There is a great spot out in Bhauflau Thickets where we partied against Greater Collibris and Wivres. The Wivres are very difficult to put down so don't add them to your chain at the 3rd or 4th spot. We had a SMN RDM NIN THF THF and a RNG who then left and then I got us a SAM who was consistently using ws for 1000k dmg. RNG was also great and me and the other THF were pouring out the damage also. I was using THF/RNG and I must say that I think I did a great job at throwing money at the mob, lol. I went through 3 stacks of Acid Bolts in that sitting and eventually had to just stop using Sharpshot altogether along with using up about 7 Squid Sushi.

The linkshell is fun and since I got my XBOX 360 with the game, I have been able to synth using the XBOX and then use the computer to access Allahkazam. I makes playing a whole lot more fun especially for farming sessions and stuff. The drawback however is the graphics. The graphics on the 360 are really great but get a little lagged out if I am near other people. Even synthing in Windy with like 2 or 3 people nearby slows me down a lot. I could turn down some of the effects like I do on my computer but I would rather keep the picture full since it's so rich and neat looking.

I called this new girl this week to see if she wanted to go shoot some pool but I am gathering from her lack of response that her "you haven't called me" statement may have been really a "please don't call me but I am being nice by saying 'you haven't called me' to you, at the bar" statement.

I am not even gonna give her a nickname, I am just not gonna call her.

In other news I think people are starting to think that I am full of myself again. People just love to say wow you are great and good at karaoke blah blah blah but let me say one buzzied thing about women that I have dated and poof, I must think I am all that!

I really need to learn how to keep my mouth shut even when I don't want to.
So I skipped poker. Ya, it was late and I was having too much fun playing online. The people that do Dynamis also do Limbus runs on Sunday but since I go out to poker, I usually can't make it, never mind the 50k that it costs to get in there. I didn't have that gil and wonder how it is that people like this can make 50k per week to keep going to these events twice a week. I am lucky to even make 100k from a BCNM or KSNM run never mind make 100k per week for Limbus.

It was fun to go though and since I now have cooking getting up to where I can make Squid Sushi, I am probably going to be able to afford it soon. The real problem is making it to their runs on Sunday and Thursday nights which are the nights I see my bar pals, Sunday for Poker and Thursday for karaoke.

I get along with them ok as long as I don't sit too close to "their" women, if you know what I mean.
I miss using my arrows though. I like using Fire Arrows but I am so in the hole with money right now that I can barely afford the 2k for Acid Bolts. And that's a good price for a stack of Acid Bolts too! But It just goes to show you, you have to have money to make money.
I wonder if that applies to girlfriends?