Cool Thoughts 2

I like to write so I am writing. I hope this helps someone.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's getting dark out there

BLM:75 WHM:66 SMN:43 THF:75 WAR:61 RNG:43

This is me with Ema and Uchipu doing some BLMing in Mount Zhayolm. They are pretty useful and good at BLMing even though Ema doesn't know a lot about BLM and Uchi doesn't even like BLMing as much as she likes WHM.

She was WHM first though so I can't blame her. I find using my BLM is what I love doing the most even though I find THF fun to do. It's funny tho cuz she was always able to throw out more damage than me. Even Ema could do that. But I doubt that they love the job like I do. Ema's first job was as a Bard and then she movd to Ranger and got that to 75. It's funny but I wonder if she misses that job. I know she probably does.

Now that I have started crafting however, I find that my willingness to spend on bolts and arrows and stuff has gone down greatly. I don't enjoy spending 10k for those nice Demon Arrows cuz frankly that's just TOO much gil to spend for just arrows. Plus, my party doesn't deserve me spending gil to get THEM exp. Meh, I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. I used to love to shop for ranged attack gear and now I loath to spend on it.

Well, in all fairness I have to take back my comments on the person that left Dynamis cuz that person is back just in time to get her belt from Qufim and apparently has fixed the computer problem she had. Yay. The other person that I mentioned that got the Trotter's Boots has also been given a sack and is apparently going to help other people with their stuff in ls actively so I guess I was wrong about that person too.

Hmmf. I'm starting to think that my main problem is me.

But I don't make conclusions through paranoia. I don't imagine people doing bad things. I expect the worst cuz most of the time that is what sticks in your mind is when you get shafted. Yesterday for example, I go to the Audi Dealer and fix the headlight and they tell me that someone has broken off the clips that hold the light up and that I will need a whole new assembly. So instead of having to pay $60 for a light I had to pay $360. So someone either vandalized those clips or the dealer did it themselves while working on my car.

Or maybe it was just an accident.

Later, I go get my passport pictures made and the lady tells me to wait 20 minutes cuz she is busy. So I wait. Then she takes my picture and tells me to wait 10 minutes for them to be done. So I wait. Then the pictures come out and there is a visible ghost-faced line to the left of the image. I tell her about it but she says that's just how the machine does it. More than that she tells me that her cutter is broken so I will have to cut the picture myself.

I tell ya. I must have a sign on my forehead that reads "Slap me, will turn the other cheek".

Thankfully though, I finally did get my Anrin Obi. With the diligent help of the linkshell leader and 2 hours of hard work with TH4 in tow, I got my one lousy tissue. That was a ridiculous amount of time to have to spend for that one drops imo, esp with TH4. Honestly, sometimes I wonder if TH4 is AT ALL better than TH2. I mean if there is a difference, it's barely there. On the subject of whether a four-leaf Mandragora bud or a Lucky Egg or a Rabbit's Charm have any real effect on luck, I have to say that if the effect is less than the regular Armlets' TH, then it will BARELY make a difference. But that's my opinion. Normally this would sound preposterous but it could have had something to do with the Moon so Meh!

The neat thing about Anrin Obi also is that with my Diabolos Earring on the Magic Accuracy +2 can always be in effect now and that makes my sleeps all the more certain. Plus I have started to use Weskit gear for sleeping since the head gear adds +10 to my Enfeebling skill. I tested the potency of Drain and Aspir however and the effect is MUCH more powerful with Errant Gear than with Weskit. This means that INT adds to the potency. That makes sense but what about MAB+6? Shouldn't that have made Drain more potent. Well it doesn''t. Don't ask me why. Drain with Errant Gear and Anrin Obi maxes out about 300 hp now while with Weskit and Anrin it maxes at around 120 or so. It's really weird.

I was able to go to Limbus this Sunday since I didn't go out to poker but they didn't want me along. I guess since I usually can't make it, they don't want my EXCELLENCE to mess up their expectations. Lol.

That reminds me that I helped this one guy get his Flame Gorget and he got me thinking I want to get the Ice Obi next. I have 4 merits spent on Ice potency, 3 merits on Elem skill and 2 merits on Freeze II. The Ice Obi IS the next logical step to improving that and I also want to get the relic BLM hands and pants to improve the damage in that area. ^^ I get happy just thinking about how great it's gonna be. Honestly, the Hat is already reserved and coupled with the body will mean the end of my Black Cloak for most purposes.

Still, I really should finish out the equipment for my THF first though. I hate it when I go to a Dynamis full of points and already have the items that drop there.

Well last night I went to one bar and checked out some girls that play darts on Monday nights and that was a pretty good time. Then I went back to the other bar where I almost was made to carry this guy out by his feet(where I play darts) and it seemed ok. A lot of girls were there and I got mushy faced like I usually do and I tried not to take anybody's fun away from them. It was a good night overall I think. I hung out with this guy that's a military guy and his friends and it was a pretty good time. It was nice to hang out with different people for a change.

It's funny how people just keep popping up that I know over and over again. It's kinda nice. I saw this COwgirl-with-the-cowgirl-hat at the bar last night and she used to be friends with me but sed she forgot my name. Her smile didn't forget my name though, heh. :D It was nice to see her too.

I gotta get her number next time though, dang it.